If a loved one has been cremated, you will receive their ashes after the cremation. Sometimes, people that are not aware of the process are unsure about what they should do with these ashes as cremation is a relatively new concept for some people.
We at Affordable Funeral & Cremation, always look to provide our clients with all the information and assistance they need. Here we discuss what you can do with the ashes after cremation.
· Some people prefer to keep their loved one’s ashes close to them. In this case, you can put the ashes in an urn and place them on a mantelpiece, shelf, or an end table in your home.
· Sometimes, family members prefer to place the ashes in a specially created memorial nook or area in their backyard or garden.
· If you’d like, you could place the urn with the ashes in a columbarium in a cemetery or church property. The columbarium has niches in the wall and you can put the urn and other small memorabilia there. You can also engrave the decedent name and other details on a plaque that you can affix in the niche.
· You can have a regular burial in a cemetery where you bury the urn rather than the mortal remains like in a standard burial. Opt for either a basic container or an elaborate urn of your choice.
· Sometimes, people scatter the person’s ashes at sea or some other permitted location as per their or the decedent’s wishes.
Regardless of the option you choose, select an urn or container to store the ashes. You can find an urn of your choice in a range of materials and designs. If you would like to learn more about our services, don't hesitate to contact us at Affordable Funeral & Cremation today. Our team is here to provide you the information you need.